My New Blog

This is my old blog. You can check out some past post but Please come check out my new blog as well. Don't forget to update your RSS readers while you're there. Thanks again thanks you taking a look. CL

asdsd

Saturday, June 27, 2009

E-motional!

What a week this was!

1. It started out with my sister visiting for the weekend- which I always look forward to but Monday morning I had to drop her are the airport and say goodbye. = Emotional!
I considered keeping her locked in a room in my basement but I figured that her sons and husband would really miss her.

2. Monday evening Michaela graduated from grade 6. = Emotional!
For some this isn't a big deal for me it is, In our village Michaela goes off to the high school next year (the high school is grade 7-12). I think it's a mix of two things- she's at the high school and that I really don't have a baby anymore. Thankfully she still likes to lay and cuddle with me.

3. Tuesday was Michaela's end of year school trip. I've always gone on the trips with the kids and before you say anything- they wanted me to go. It hit me while I was sitting and watching my group on the water slides that this would be one of the last school trips I would be on. =Emotional!
Mixed emotion but still emotional non the less.

4. Wednesday seen me editing photos, and updating my web site. = Emotional!
Granted it wasn't the same kind of emotion as the other days but when I working on anything to do with my photography I am excited as well as a little stressed. The outcome of the day was good. Everybody loved their pictures and the slideshow I put together was well received. Whew!

5. Thursday all hell broke loose. Farrah Fawcett died as well as the very unexpected passing of Michael Jackson. = Emotional!
Both of these people were part of my childhood, a big part. We watched Charlies Angels faithfully and and who can forget trying so hard to achieve the Farrah Feather. Michaela Jackson was one of my very first cassettes that I every got. Like so many other people I too learned how to Moonwalk. I loved listening to him but watching him was just as amazing. Yes there were things in the later years that disturbed me but it didn't stop me from enjoying his music. A couple of my favourites were Billy Jean, and Man in the Mirror.

6. Friday was a good day, we were having a couple to our house that we hadn't met before (only talked to on Twitter). Emotional!
There was house work, groceries, and dinner to prepare. I know from our tweets that I would enjoy them but whether or not they would like us, who knew. Well it turned out by the end of the night it felt as if we'd known Brian and Ivy for a very long time. We are looking forward to getting together with them again. Brian is a fellow Wedding Photographer, and a very talented one at that, in Ottawa so make sure to check out his site. BH Photography. Ivy to Brian is like Andy to me- our B units! We laughed but I think they are much more than our second shooters. They are that little extra boost of confidence when we need it as well as the sense of reason that we sometimes need, even if we don't want to admit it. All in all it was a great night and a perfect way to end an Emotional week.

And because everything is better with pictures. Here is a couple shots of my beautiful seventh grader Michaela.



1 comment: